Thursday, May 22, 2008

Frivolous food post

So, rather than post about how I had an anxiety attack in the middle of the night or other such stupid stuff, I bring you Sophie's food quirks.

Eclairs should have a custard filling, not icing.

Fruits and nuts do not belong in salads.

Oranges are absolutely delicious, but I never eat them unless someone else peels or slices them.

Mint ice cream should be pink or white. This does not mean I will turn down the green kind.

Spinach is wonderful. Other greens--mustard, turnip, and whatever other kind of greens ther are suck.

Liver is wrong. Not because of the taste, but because of the texture. I have eaten goose liver pate that made my knees weak.

Carrots and cauliflower should be eaten raw.

Broccoli and spinach should be eaten cooked.

Appropriate sherbet flavors include lime, orange, pineapple, and raspberry. Strawberry is incredibly inappropriate.

Pop tarts should be made in one flaveor only--strawberry frosted.

Beets should be eaten cold and pickled--not cooked.

The first person who ate cottage cheese must have been very hungry. It is not food.

The scary thing is that I was able to come up with this list in about 5 minutes. I'm not a picky eater, but it seems difficult to defend at the moment.

So, what about you. I know I'm a freak, but I also know I'm not the only one. Fess up, okay?

I must admit to being in a slump regarding commenting. I have read others state the same thing. I'm hoping to change that very soon.

Sweetheart and I are off for a weekend with one of my favorite friends and her boyfriend. Should be good.