Friday, May 30, 2008

Anybody want a couple or three cats?

"They" say that if you have multiple cats, you should have a litter box for each cat plus an extra. Well, we have three cats. Perhaps I simply lack imagination, but I cannot come up with a place for a third litter box, much less a fourth. Unless they start making "bunk boxes," we are stuck with two.

I scooped out the boxes just 2 days ago. I didn't expect it to smell like roses, but when I walked into the laundry room this afternoon, I thought I might fall down from the odor of urea. I emptied both boxes completely, washed them out, refilled them with new litter with added baking soda, threw out the little mat that is supposed to keep them from tracking litter out of the box, threw out the silly filters, and scrubbed the floor. I wasn't thrilled about this whole series of events, but the three cats watching me every step of the way (including through the window as I hosed out the boxes) really pissed me off. I think I said "fuck off" about 8 times, "I despise you" around 4 times, and "would you quit looking at me you furry beasts?" at least once.

Has anyone had any success potty training cats??