Sunday, July 20, 2008

Crafty kind of weekend--sort of

We figured out at the last minute that Friday would be the last weekend night the girls would be with us before their birthday. We decided to give them their presents so they could enjoy them Friday and Saturday.

I also thought for sure there would be some cake pan or instructions on the interwebs on making a cake or cupcakes that look like these guys.....



Well, there were not any pans at the store or instructions, so I had to go out on my own. At first I began documenting like any half-assed blogger would....





Then, I realized there was no way in hell I would be finished before they got home. I was scrambling, and finally finished in the bedroom. The frosting was store bought, and much mushier than what we used for the guitar. It shows in the final product, but the girls were way freaking pleased--even more than I thought they might be. Just for the record--blue and black frosting make for very weird looking lips and tongues.


I also finally did the ribbon bulletin boards for the girls' room. I am now very excited about getting the room painted and finall "done."



My husband says it is in poor taste to blog that I caught my stepdaughter brushing hair not on her head with my bath brush. What do you think?