Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Conversation with Brownie

Last night Brownie came into the bedroom as I was changing out of work clothes. She asked me to stay in there a minute so she could "talk about puberty."

She proceeded to rail about having to wear a bra, growing hair, wearing deodorant and having acne. However, the WORST thing about puberty (evidently) is the boys. I suppose it has to do with the fact that the girls are starting to like the boys but they don't WANT to like the boys, since (as we all know--boys are stinky).

The conversation meandered a bit to this point. "When we see women with big boobies, we call them Monster Trucks." Okay, kid, whatever you say.

"I bet you can guess what we are talking about when we say Oscar Mayers." Yep, I think my tired brain can even figure that one out. "I don't know why we even talk about weiners." To myself...'talk all you want, just don't you dare even THINK of getting anywhere close to one, okay.'

***Later at bathtime. Brownie says, "Blondie says I have monster trucks!" I replied, "You only have matchbox cars, sweetie." "You mean those little toy cars?" she asked. I replied that yes, those were what I had in mind. She thought a second and decided that matchbox cars were acceptable.


>>>>On a related note, a friend at work reported that her 10 year old son approached her very seriously. "Mom, I was reading about puberty, and I think I have it."