Saturday, August 30, 2008

The this and the that

***We are ready for Hurricane Gustav not to show up. We have water, ice, soup and sterno. We have some other more fun, less practical snacky things as well--cookies, cheez its and the like. The night before landfall, I will fill up a jillion bottles with water. And, then, if all goes according to past schedule, we will have rain, flooding in other areas of the city, and life will go on.

***I have seen the following tshirts worn by kids at the hospital, and I don't like them:
"I may be small, but I'm still in charge"
"Rules don't apply to me"
"I should have stayed in bed today"
The first two were worn by patients around 5 years old. I hate these attitude shirts with a passion. The last was worn by an employee. Despite the fact it had Snoopy on it, I though it was highly inappropriate to wear to work.

**The prize of the week, goes to the mother who brought a blanket along to the recovery room--decorated with Playboy bunnies. Um, okay, whatever.

***I am working on a funky modern art thng for the dining room. I'll show it to you--success or failure.

**Today is the first day of "Daddy Days" with the girls. Sweetheart is going to start spending time with them one at a time, and I have to take up the slack. I am actually excited about spending solo time, and very glad he and they will be building their individual relationships.

So, what do you have planned for the weekend?