Tuesday, August 19, 2008

For lack of a real topic...



Cattitude
Boris the spider, erm, cat has decided that his favorite new perch is up high on the window. I actually think he looks way the hell cute up there, but his path to get there involves traipsing across Sweetheart's shelves. He has so far knocked off nothing breakable, but he is a cat, so I think he is certain to do so soon. I looked online and it said to put tinfoil because they don't like to walk on it. I just watched him amble across it like it was no big deal. Any thoughts so my Sweetheart doesn't kill our daughter's favorite cat?

Grammar don'ts--
For me, it is a misplaced apostrophe. It makes me get all squiggy. For instance, as Christmas card signed: Love, The Smith's. I think I have the tiniest of strokes just typing it. For Sweetheart, it is the misuse of the word "I." When someone says, "This belongs to Boris and I," his head gets squiggy. He yells at the television, "Boris and ME!"
Which common mistakes give you pause? If any of them are in this post, please feel free to tell me.

Commercials that irk me--
There was a diamond store commercial (F--sorry, don't get squiggy) the other day that actually offended me. It was a guy talking about being afraid his woman would not let him participate in the Fantasy League draft or watch enough football games this season. His solution--but her diamonds. I was insulted with the concept that it was a "pay to play" situation. I may be naive, but are many women like that and I just don't know them?