Saturday, August 9, 2008

Political opinions ahead

I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion, or to hurt anyone's political feelings, but I found this conversation very entertaining.

Scene--watching the Opening ceremonies which were amazing and beautiful and a really tough act to follow. I found the beauty of combining the traditional with the contemporary technology a pleasure to watch.

Brownie--Are there any Americans there other than that stupid President Bush?

Sophie--Why is Bush stupid?

Brownie--Because he started a war and he didn't have a good reason and millions of people have died.

I found it interesting for a couple of reasons. It made me realize that she pays WAY more attention to the things we say than I ever thought. I also wonder (as have the kids) who their mother is voting for. I believe her politics to be more conservative than ours, but I don't know where she stands. I suppose it means nothing more than that she and her (now ex) boyfriend don't talk politics like we do.

I keep waiting to get in trouble for the indoctrination. However, they simply hear us talk and we answer questions when they ask.