Sunday, August 10, 2008

A sense of ennui

I just don't feel exactly right these days. I feel like I am behind on my blogging and blog reading. Work feels so much more like work than usual. I didn't get nearly as much accomplished this weekend as I had hoped.

Perhaps it is because of the incredibly oppressive heat here in Houston. Today the high was 96 degrees. The humidity is absurd. I didn't even go outside today, though, so how would that affect me?

My new car is in the shop getting a new rack and pinion. I have no idea what a rack and pinion is, but I do not like my rental car. I know the rack and pinion helps the steering, and having the car go where I steer it is a good thing. Hopefully the car will be ready on Tuesday.

We had a rough week with the girls after we returned from the reunion, and I know that drags on me. I got as frustrated as ever with Brownie, and yelled at her like never before. I'm not proud of it, but I am also trying not to beat myself up about it. I think we are making progress, but it was a fairly big "one step backward." I think I got so upset because she was lying, and that scares the shit out of me. If lying becomes a habit, we are in for a hell of a mess. Perhaps the fact that I got so mad will end up having an impact--even though I wish I hadn't.

I also think my listlessness may be due to the fact that we had two trips fairly close together and now have nothing planned.

The best thing lately is that my sister has a closing date on her house and will be divorced sometime this decade if nothing goes awry. I am thrilled about this to no end!

So, tell me something else to be happy about. You can even make it up if you want.