Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tids and bits

I totally suck as a blogger to be doing two bullet posts in a row, but if I waited until I had the time and brain power to write a real one, it would be forever.

***I started on a new sinus medication last week. I have felt exhausted every day, and I finally figured it out when I had time to more fully research the drug. Turns out the advice is to take it at NIGHT because it causes drowsiness. Thanks doc!

***When I went to the grocery store this week, perhaps I looked like the Shell Answer Man because I helped one guy pick out salsa, another man find the shampoo his wife requested, and a woman find the right beer for a party her husband was having.

***The girls have gotten their ears pierced, another sign they are not little kids any more. Sigh.

***I went to get a new pair of glasses Thursday. Due to the fact that I am so freaking blind (20/400 in my good eye and "off the chart" in my bad eye), my lenses are really expensive. Turns out my insurance pays for the frames and only gives a 20% insurance on the frames. With what I pay for the insurance I saved a mere 79 dollars from what it would have been without insurance. Doesn't really seem like reasonable to me.

***We went to the big fundraiser for the non-profit where my husband works this week. The tickets were very steep for attendees who had to pay, so there were many of Houston's old money folks there. The dress code was to wear green chic clothes. There were sequins, silk and seersucker in every shade of green. People were wearing mint, olive, kelly and seafoam--sometimes in very odd combinations. Evidently, if you have a shitload of money and spend a nice chunk of it to support a non-profit, you can wear whatever green clothing you happen to have in your closet--no matter how it looks.

***The goal for the weekend is to finally get the dining room unpacked. Once that is done, I can start on some of my other projects.

Anything exciting about your weekend??