Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Because I need another reason to get my panties in a wad

The Sun has an article about push up bras being marketed to 7 year olds. From the photos it looks to be Cherokee which is one of the main Target names. For the love of god don't let them start selling that shit here, because if I have to boycott the big T, I would weep very long and large tears.

What the hell are they doing selling these bras on the same rack (pun noted, but unintended) as the t5raining bras?? I think adult women should use their own judgement (or lack thereof) and buy whatever kind of bra they desire. However, push up bras do not belong with the little girls' panties! Our kids are too sexualized already, with the sweat pants that say "Juicy" and the clothes that show their navels. They don't exactly have great role models in the popular culture. My not yet 10 year old who is a stick is worried about her "stomach being fat." Holy shit! No wonder everything is so screwed up!