Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Odds and ends

****I now am the somewhat sheepish owner of a neti pot. I had seen them before, and Fianna swears by hers. It is a bit weird, but has been easier each time. All it takes is really, really bad allergies and one will do anything. Even this.....



****I am now a member of Paperback Swap. My sister told me about it a while ago, but when I first checked it out there were't many books I was interested in. I checked again after a disappointing trip to the used book store, and it appears that their numbers have increased greatly. I have two books headed my way as I type this, and more credits coming soon. If you read paperbacks but do not keep the books, I recommend checking it out.


****I have been on a hunt for some cute, slightly dressier than not flip flops for more than a year. I busted out the toe thingie of my favorite ones last year and had them repaired. I was in a terrible funk when I busted out the repair again this year, but shopping today for a different pair of shoes, I found some. I don't love them as much as I did the last pair, but at least they are comfy and leather. I can't believe how long it took me to find them.

****Is it just me, or are there far less people watching American Idol this year? I still love Brooke and Jason (though I don't think either will or should win), and I can't wait to hear what David Cook does next. David Archuletta has a good voice, but he looks like such a baby that I can't take him seriously. I'm sure the producers want him to win because he will be more malleable in his career.

Thanks to Sophie for letting me fix the coding in this post. Due to my OCD tendencies and quirks in Firefox, my brain was about to e'splode and my braims were about to leak out of my head.