Thursday, April 10, 2008

Irritants

I have had a fairly crappy few days, but instead of railing against the specific entities who are making my life and my sister's life qualify as extremely sub optimal, I thought I would instead present some general complaints about the universe. These are some of the many things that I find unacceptable and would outlaw if I were the Queen of Everything....

Pedestrians who cross the street yards away from a crosswalk

Drivers who do not respect the right of way of pedestrians who are in the crosswalk

Idiots who do not know how to negotiate a 4 way stop

Their counterparts who cannot understand that if a stoplight is out it should be treated as a 4 way stop

Parents who let their children wear wheelies at the airport

Parents who let their children wander around the grocery store unsupervised

People who are driving motorized carts in the grocery store and think they always have the right of way (sue me--I'm sorry they need the chair, but I didn't do it--please don't run into my cart)

Cats who try to kill me by running in between my legs, tripping me and causing me to have a subdural hematoma after falling and hitting my head on the kitchen counter--I'd prefer not to die like that--it is simply too complicated for an obituary, and people would laugh at me.

People who do not practice elevator etiquette. If I was the person who actually pushed the "up" button, I should not have to fight to squeeze in after everyone else climbs in.

McDonald's employees who put a "made to order" sticker on my kids burgers and still put onions on it. I realize this should not ruin anybody's day, but, believe me, it can.

Spam email--my dick does not need to be hard enough to "pound nails."

Phone recordings that tell you how much "my patience is appreciated" every 2 minutes, thus consuming the little patience I had when I started.

I actually think that helped decrease my stress level, just a bit.

So tell me, what gets you?