Friday, April 11, 2008

A few of my favorite things

Since my last post was about some of the things that irritate the shit out of me, I thought I'd make this one about some of the things that I love.



Honey crisp apples are the most perfect apples I have ever tasted. They are the perfect combination of sweet, tart, crisp, wonderful. We first got them at Whole Foods, and Kroger carried them for a while and then stopped. I don't usually get excited about produce, but these are marvelous.



Bath Junkie is not available nationwide, but it is a cool place where you can choose your own colors and scent combinations. Sweetheart created my own personal scent for a gift a while back, and I love it. (I can't tell you the flavors he mixed, because then it won't be *mine.* The color, of course, is purple.



Gilligan O'Malley pajamas from Target. Comfy, inexpensive, I wish I could live in them.



Good Seasons salad dressing. The packages come with a cruet with lines to tell you how much oil, water, and vinegar to add. As a kid, it was one of my kitchen jobs to do the mixing. One time Mother asked why it was always clumpy when she made it but not when I did. She was a bit sheepish when I pointed out the directions said to shake before adding the oil. I had read them, she had not. It's good the regular way, but adding garlic red wine vinegar instead of the regular stuff makes it perfect.



Henri's Bakery in Atlanta has the best po boys in the universe, and the best eclairs and shortbread thumbprint cookies. The best comfort food I have ever had.



When I'm not in Atlanta, Breyer's mint chocolate chip ice cream is a good substitute for comfort food. Sweetheart doesn't like mint, so when I buy it, I get the whole thing to myself.

So, what are the things that make your world a happier place??