Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's hard to have a little brother

However, it does get better. Punkin Head remains unconvinced, and yes Fianna, she is 7--but not your average 7 year old.

She has grown weary of her baby brother lately, and the door to her room is adorned accordingly.


I asked her if the number of signs was a bit of overkill. She answered, "Well, he won't stay out of my room, so I just keep putting up more signs." I asked, "Do you think that he will pay more attention the more signs you have?" "Yes," she answered. "Good luck with that, okay?" was my matter of fact response.

I thought a few of the signs merited a closer look....

I appreciate the "Girls Rule" concept, but I don't think as highly of the "Boys Drool" idea, particularly with the drooling illustrated.

The left hand sign says "Boys beware, boyfighters inside." The right one has three rules: Boys may not come near room, boys cannot touch things, and boys must pay three times a month. I'm unclear what the payment is for, since nothing is allowed.


Evidently, bossy girls are nearly as bad as boys. I wonder how she gets past the door.....because she isn't at all bossy, is she?