Monday, March 31, 2008

Not starving

The other day we were out of cat food. With three cats, it can be difficult to stay ahead of their eating. My dear husband called me to aske me to pick up some on the way home. "I put out a couple of cans of tuna so they won't starve to death." As if any animal who lives here would ever worry about that. Spencer begins whining for his "dinner" of wet food every day at 5:30. Now, please remember that he has dry food out all day long. When Spencer's dinner is being prepared, the cats start mewling like little monsters. This is because when they were little, my husband was afraid that Spencer would "bite their heads off" when they got near his food....so the kitties started getting "dinner" as well.

When I got home with three jugs of food, there actually was still some (though the little bits they try to ignore) left in the bowls. But why should they eat the dregs when there is tuna around?

Here is how much the potentially starving kitties have grown since November. If anything, I think I should be worried about obesity.




I tease my husband about how much he spoils the animals, but it really is one of the things I love about him.