Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bullets for the New Blog

~~~~I saw a copy of this book not too long ago, and even though I haven't read a bit of it, and do not intend to read it, I certainly believe it to be true. I knew being a stepmother would be hard, but I didn't think I would feel so unsure of so many things. No disasters lately, but seeing that book made me think.

~~~~I got a summons for jury duty in April. It certainly didn't take very long for them to scoop up my name from the voter registration list. I have been to jury duty many times, and it has almost always been a boring day. I was once picked for a murder trial involving a gay lovers triangle, but they settled it before the trial started. We'll see how it goes this time.

~~~~I have been feeling pretty crappy lately, and have aching in most of my joints when I wake up. It seems to get a bit better during the day, and then worse again at night. I did go to the doctor and had labwork drawn to rule out any of the really crappy reasons to have joint pain. They changed my arthritis medicine, and I have decided I will just behave as if it isn't hurting. I've started eating better, I went to my class Monday even though I just wanted a hot bath after work, and I plan to get some exercise going soon. If this is my new baseline, I just have to live with it. However, it makes me feel very, very old.

~~~~My evil sister beat me to it, and I think we aren't supposed to tell, but my baby brother is pregnant with twins. Well, his lovely wife is pregnant with twins to put a finer point to it. There are no twins in either family, and no drugs to cause twinkies. Evidently, she just sent two little eggs down the chute this go 'round. They are reasonably anxious due to a miscarraige last fall, but we are approaching week 9. I can't wait until we can tell our twins that there will be another pair in November. Any and all good vibes and thoughts will be appreciated.

~~~~We have more live music tomorrow night. Another of our friends and favorites. A friend from Pennsylvania will be coming in town tomorrow to see the show in Houston and another in a nearby town.

~~~~I thought David Cook's performance of Billie Jean last night on Idol was phenomenal. It was a brilliant interpretation, and I thought it was even better than the original. However, since they all sang songs from the year of their birth, and all but one song was from after I was in high school. I feel old yet again.

I think that is all I know for now. I seem to be having trouble coming up with things to blog about. Anything you want to know about me??