Saturday, June 19, 2010

Progress and panic

I returned from Atlanta Monday night--feeling good about the interview, seeing my family, etc. Things at home are strained at times, but really about as good as one could expect them to be. There remains no nastiness, fighting, or blaming. For this I am very grateful.

Tuesday was a simply horrid day. I was tired from the trip, and I guess a bit intimidated by actually having a date instead of just a plan. Work was an evil bitch, and I really thought I might have a panic attack. More than once I had to talk myself out of just running to my boss' office and telling her I had to go home. However, I did make it through the day. As a result, I have given myself permission to take my anxiety meds each morning instead of on the as needed basis I had weaned myself to. Seemed like an appropriate idea.

I found out that my insurance ends at current job midnight of my last day worked. However, my new job has a waiting period that makes me uninsured for approx 2 months. Cobra is a $515 per month option, and my husband's work is gonna charge $400 per month plus some hassles to get me on and off. This was part of my freak out Tuesday. However, I know something will work out, because it just has to.

My father will fly here and drive a truck of nearly all my worldly belongings to Atlanta July 4th weekend. Once the house is nearly empty--we will start with the repairs, minor painting, etc. to get it ready to be sold. Given the ecomony, we will take a bit of a hit--but again, life goes on. So, unless the Georgia Board of Nursing decides to screw around with issuing my license, my last day at work will be August 4. A very good friend will fly to Houston to drive back to Atlanta with me the 5th and 6th. (I said she was a really good friend.) We will have Spencer the neurotic dog in the back seat of the car, so it promises to be a challenge. I am so thankful not to be doing it alone.

I start my new job in Atlanta on August 9, and my husband will stay here in the stripped down house until it sells. After that we will figure out how best to separate our finances (which at that point will be mostly debt) and the next phase of my life can go on.

I am excited. I am terrified. I am extremely sad. I am confident. Wish me luck.