Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Moving Along

Things are happening, but everything is going to take time. It is going to take me 5 weeks to get my Georgia license back once they have all the paperwork they need. I have sent letters to my last three employers including a form that has to be filled out and put into a sealed envelope. Hopefully, they will be speedy about completing them. Then I have to have fingerprints made in Georgia which can't happen until June 14th. That by itself will keep me here in Houston until late July or early August. I went ahead and told my boss and co-workers that I will be moving. With having to send the form to HR, I didn't want my boss to find out through them.

I have packed up most of my closet including the dress I got married in. That part wasn't too easy. We have told the girls, and they seem to be handling it okay--at least for now. The realtor recommends that we sell the house empty, so that will take longer to get it on the market.

Things at home are okay. Some strained moments, but overall we are communicating well and figuring out what needs to happen when. It is just so confusing--storage here or go ahead and drive a truck to Atlanta? Too many questions to which I have no answers. Trying to live my way through them and not get too bogged down.

I hae decided to go ahead and see a therapist here who has been recommended. If I will be here nearly 2 months, I don't think it makes sense to wait until I go back to Atlanta.

We have begun telling friends, and everyone is supportive and not judgemental. I have one friendin particular who I haven't told yet (she is on vacation). I dread telling her because she has always been our cheerleader telling us we can work this out. I feel like she will be the most disappointed by the news.

So, trying to take it one step at as time...trying not to get overwhelmed by it all...hanging in there.