Sunday, June 20, 2010

Don't even know what to say

When I woke up yesterday, I was immobilized. There was so much to do, and I had no idea where to start. So, instead of working on the house I filled out the 20 or so page history that my counsellor had given me to comlete. Somehow that made me feel like I was making progress, even though not on the real things that needed progress.

I went through the closet and the shoes--my god, the shoes. For someone who doesn't consider herself a shoe person--there was one boatload of shoes! I culled out some more clothes that can go to storage, and I freaked out a bit.

Then my friend, Sedney came to the rescue. I had told her we would pack the kitchen, and she got right down to business. I handed her stuff and she wrapped and boxed it. Besides the inherent emotional issues, I was faced with my mother's china, my grandmother's stemware, my stepmother's china. All bringing up memories and sadness that these women are no longer here in my life. Sedney didn't let me slow down--but not in a workhorse kind of way. She was the perfect person to keep me going and I am ever so grateful.

Today I will finishe the dining room, clean out the linen closet, and I think I will then be ready for the truck to arrive July 4th weekend. I can hardly believe I am saying that--but it is true.

Sorry for the boring moving updates, better blogging topics soon, I promise!