Friday, June 25, 2010

Glum

I hate to keep complaining, but suffice it to say that the Georgia Board of Nursing is not my favorite place right now. After telling me that the wait time for my license would be 5 weeks (which seemed extremely long), today I learned that the 5 weeks starts AFTER they load my application into the system--now WHEN they receive my application. They have now had my application for 2 weeks and it is not yet loaded. They can't really tell me when they might load it into the system--they are after all a bureauracracy.

So, all the plans I made (knowing they were tentative) based on the 5 weeks theory are now out the window. My dad will still come next weekend with the truck. My stuff will go into storage in Atlanta. I will leave this job when I get my Georgia license, and I will start the new job about 5 days later than that. My friend from Atlanta will still come to accompany Spencer and me on the long drive.

However, I hate being so much at the mercy of other people who don't seem to give a shit. I am the kind of person who likes to make a decision and then move on said decision. I am fearful that the longer we are forced to share a house, the more potential for less congenial interactions there is. I am kind of sucking right now.

However, I am ready for the truck way ahead of schedule, and that is still a good thing.