Thursday, April 17, 2008

Which is worse?

Sleeping from 4-8pm because of laryngitis and allergies?

Waking up to 5 frantic messages from your husband because one of his oldest friends got stuck at the Houston airport and is coming to your house in 1 hour?

Answer--both simultaneously.

I started the week with allergies--like all but a very few Houston residents, from what I can gather. This time, instead of pudding in my sinus cavities, I had a sore throat and the sniffles. Then I lost my voice yesterday. Or I thought I lost my vice yesterday. Today, I REALLY lost it. One of my co-workers asked questions, and I took vital signs and wrote. Incredibly inconvenient.

I never had any idea how much energy it took to generate sound when your vocal cords are on strike. I will never take someone losing their voice lightly again. I've been sympathetic, but I never really understood. I have only gotten laryngitis three times in my life, and this is the second time in 3 months or so. I need to find a new doctor who is on my plan and see if I need allergy shots or something. I can't stand getting sick this much, and frankly, my work isn't thrilled about it either.

The house is minus the top layer of filth, and there is nothing toxic around to the best of my knowledge. Hubby said, "You don't need to do anything, he won't care," but I have to give him credit because he knows I would. However, with less than an hour and feeling puny, I got over it for the most part.

PS--Sorry I scared everyone except Star and Pants with my weird musings on burials.

Is anyone doing anything fun this weekend?? I'm taking a vow of silence.